Bitter Sweet Battle Scars

15 September 2016






written for my muscial theatre trinity exams, grade 6.
inspired by sylvia plath
results: (92%)


There’s a sigh that floated in the air. 

Not heard by anyone but myself. 

My hopes and dreams have been shattered, 

and my heart pulverized. 

Tears run down my eyes as my mouth judders, 

as I remove now,

this vow band that mocks me every time I lay my eyes on it.

I have the heart of a bull.

Which is trying its very best to get over you my love. 

I’m saddened and alone at night.

Bemused, blanched with fear of tomorrow.

Such a calamity our lives have become. 

I have no words but just selfish prayers, 

pouring out of my mouth like tar.

The house lingers of bruised souls, 

mixed with echoes of whispered surrenders. 

I remembered you. 

with my soul clenched-

in that sadness of mine that you know, 

as I catch a glimpse of my battle scars

which have remained for the past three years of our false unity.

I’d ask you to kiss me with your fist.

You’d do so and soften the blow, 

by breathing in the psalms of maskil in me-

As the wind sways my hair into my deepest follies. 


This- This wind places orange poppies in my hair, 

telling me, 

the best thing that should’ve happened to me, 

was to be treated like queen.

But men use women, 

they love us and when they done with us, 

they throw us to the dumps like scraps! 

But when a woman lives young and beautiful. 

The world is hers.

So then you said goodbye,

and i was left naked.

1 comment

Instagram

© Soyduim. Design by Fearne.